Re: Get your free Yubikey sponsored by Infomaniak (available for free for any DD and DM)

On 04/14/2018 07:11 PM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> Dear fellow DDs & DMs,
>
> My company is willing to sponsor a bunch of Yubikeys. As shipping to
> each individual is expensive, I probably bring a few to Debconf in
> Taiwan (if I can make it this year). If I cannot come, then probably I
> can give the package to another DD that goes (maybe Didier?).
>
> These are Type-A USB Yubikey branded with the Infomaniak logo. I already
> use it every day for the auth within my company and for signing packages
> I upload to Debian.
>
> If you wish to have such a key, just let me know by replying to this
> thread here, with a message signed by your GPG key. Your GPG key of
> course has to be in the Debian keyring (DDs and DMs welcome!). Then get
> to me in Taiwan, and I'll give it to you.
>
> It is also ok to get one Yubikey for a DD that cannot come to Debconf,
> however in such case, please make this person send a mail to me, signed
> with his GPG key, asking it.
>
> In a Yubikey, you may store subkeys. If you don't know how this works, I
> can teach you in Taiwan. It's rather easy.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

Hi there,

Just a quick follow-up to let everyone know what's going on.

I have receive up to now 25 requests for a Yubikey. My boss told me that
it was ok to give about 20. That's about 1000 EUR worse of Yubikeys at
retail price, so already generous from Infomaniak. So I think it's best
to just declare that we're done with this operation.

Please note that, even though I didn't reply to each and everyone of you
to confirm that you'll get a key, I have written down the name and
email, and noted that you are interested. It is very likely that I'll be
able to travel to Taiwan myself (still pending the approval from my
work), and therefore, I will bring the Yubikeys there myself.

A smaller set of people have asked for distributing the Yubikeys in the
minidebconf in Hamburg. This first wasn't one option (as I'm
unfortunately not going myself), but considering that there's a few
people that wants one, it will be possible. I will send the Yubikeys to
Philip Hands, who will take care of the distribution to everyone. I
trust Phil, he's a very nice guy, if you don't know him, that will be a
very good opportunity to make a new friend.

As he's also going to Taiwan for DC18, if some of the poeple who asked
for a key didn't fetch it, I'll be able to take them back, (or maybe
give them to someone else).

Cheers,

Thomas Goirand (zigo)