Re: [Debconf-discuss] printing boarding passes?

On 12 August 2017 at 09:06, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> wrote:
> On 12/08/17 09:00, Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
>> On 12/08/17 at 07:42 -0400, Daniel Pocock wrote:
>>> Where can we print boarding passes and other necessary travel documents
>>> before leaving?
>> At the airport? :)
>>
>> Are there really airlines that provide online check-in but don't allow
>> you to either print your board pass at the airport, or use your phone to
>> show your boarding pass ?
>
> Yes, the same one that generates headlines every time they try to
> introduce in-flight toilet fees[1].

Untrue. They don't require printing boarding passes unless you need a
visa check, and they don't charge fees for printing at the airport
provided you've done a check-in and there are actual Ryanair employees
at the check-in stand. Airport employees though may charge you
separately, or choose to issue you a hand-written boarding pass.

> Even those airlines that do still allow you to get a boarding pass at
> the airport punish you for doing that with a long queue sometimes so the
> 5 minutes you lose sorting this out at home/hotel/conference/holiday
> destination is the lesser evil.
>
> For people who connect to a flight that is not on the same booking as
> the flight out of Canada it is also very useful to get the boarding pass
> for the second flight before boarding the first one.
>
> Regards,
>
> Daniel
>
> 1.
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/article-1263905/Ryanair-toilet-charges-phased-in.html

Also, I consider referring to fake news media not quite a right thing to do.

--
Cheers,
  Andrew