Re: [Debconf-discuss] RVC to CdM by bike?

Quoting Gunnar Wolf (gwolf@debian.org):

> Thanks for this information - The first thing I thought was, hey... I
> bike quite confidently in Mexico City. How harder can Montreal be? But
> then again, Sherbrooke seems to be a main city artery, and people have
> a different mindset, where cyclists are expected not to be in certain
> street types, or whatever. So, I will try not to be over-confident,
> and thank you for your help! :-]

Aha! Even in Sherbrooke you will find the traffic in MTL sooooooo
peaceful. What the locals call a "busy dangerous street" is probably
something you'd call  a very quiet street in Mexico City.

You know, over there, pedestrians even *wait* for red traffic lights
for crossing the streets even when there is no car 1 mile away (and
I've been told by "this guy" that you'd better follow this strange
local habit unless you want a local policeman to fine you).

Of course, the above paragraph doesn't apply to fellow german and
swiss Debian contributors who are already used to such strange
things....:-)

(yet another opportunity to say "hi" to fellow Debconfers)