Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mobile SIMs for Montreal

On 23 July 2017 at 06:26, Andrew Shadura <andrew@shadura.me> wrote:
> On 22 July 2017 19:50:33 CEST, Chris Boot <bootc@debian.org> wrote:
>>On 22/07/2017 10:28, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
>>> So I have moved the FAQ here and expanded it:
>>> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/Sim-card-information
>>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>Thanks very much for all the discussion here and for the much expanded
>>wiki/FAQ entry. Exactly the kind of information I was after. Much
>>appreciated!
>
> I don't think many people are going to use this option (I can only think of myself and Gunnar), but it seems Mexican provider called Telcel offers free roaming in US and Canada. I'm going to top-up my card and try to use it next Saturday — I'll post the results to the wiki.

I just wanted to confirm, indeed, Telcel's SIM cards work in Canada,
the data count as normal Mexican data (at least, with data packages
(paquetes de Internet), I haven't checked Amigo Sin Límite), plus
there's extra data for WhatsApp only:

   http://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/amigo/paquetes#!mb-para-tu-amigo

--
Cheers,