[Debconf-discuss] Cured (raw) meat for cheese and wine party through Canada customs?

Hiya!

We were planning on bring something typical that is, basically, composed
of cured raw pork meat that has been air-dry away

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salami

The thing is that at DebConf in Portland, customs immediately
confiscated them from us accusing about disease control laws and those
kind of things, even though It was totally fine to bring smoked salmon
and such :-/

Here the question rests: Would you say Canada Immigration/Customs at
Toronto is similar or replicates those kind of laws they use at the US?

It's really amazing and totally worth trying, but since it costs quite
some money (and since I would have to travel ~100KM to get them) I would
prefer not to burst into tears seeing, once again, a custom agent force
us to drop them into the trash for them to later snaking :P

Suggestions?

Cheers,

Dererk

--