Re: [Debconf-discuss] McGill RVC and bicycle

Le 2017-05-09 à 08:17, Ian Jackson a écrit :
> shirish शिरीष writes ("Re: [Debconf-discuss] McGill RVC and bicycle"):
>> Here are the lat long of both places as shared by osm -
>>
>> 45.55045, -73.55358 - Collège de Maisonneuve, 3800, Rue Sherbrooke
>> Est, Hochelaga, Montreal, Montreal (06), Quebec, H1X 2A2, Canada
>>
>> 45.50550,-73.57397 - Royal Victoria College, Royal Victoria College,
>> 3425, Rue University, Quartier des Spectacles, Downtown, Ville-Marie,
>> Montreal, Montreal (06), Quebec, H3A 2A8, Canada
>
> https://cyclestreets.net/journey/57109996/#balanced
>
> No idea if that's any good but it looks plausible to me.

Expect vehicle traffic and/or road closures in the downtown area west of
Rue Saint-Denis, and I'm not sure about the part going through a
back-alley near Des Pins and Saint-Laurent. Overall it looks OK. The
cycle path on Rachel is a good option, although one should also expect a
high volume of flowing traffic on that path.

Don't forget that you can also bring a bike on the subway network,
albeit outside of rush hour (10h-15h, and >19h). One can thus avoid
biking through the downtown area by taking the subway up to Papineau
station and from there follow the René-Lévesque / Notre-Dame path east,
and then north on Valois and De Chambly.

Having a bike at your disposal at DebConf17 is a terrific idea, as it'll
also make running errands around the venue so much easier. It could also
come in handy for one of the Day Trip options, but more on that later... ;)

Bike safe!

-- Jerome