Re: [Debconf-discuss] US laptop ban and DebConf

Dear all,
How are we to know if we are affected by the ban or not ? Most
airlines, at least the low-cost ones I know don't have an e-mail id or
even if they have, they don't reply. I have experienced it . I have
tried the live chat option at some of the sites too and at times have
found that what they say and what the airlines policy are different.
Domestically, this has happened with me twice or thrice.

I do not want myself or anybody else to be in a position where one is
under the belief that the laptop ban does not affect them and while on
the gate or the counter there they come to know that they will need to
put it in checked bag.

Apart from rough handling, the possibility of theft is also there in
checked bags and especially if you have the same airlines with a
layover, I would come to know only when in Montreal.

The only choice would be not to take the flight. I do not see an easy
way out except having a usb drive, have whatever content is needed and
use a desktop/laptop in montreal which has been shared above by
people.

Just my 2 paise.

--
          Regards,