Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf17: Last call for keys for keysigning in Montreal, Canada

On Wed, Jul 26, 2017 at 02:23:20PM +0200, Nicolas Dandrimont wrote:
> Hi Aníbal,
>
> * Aníbal Monsalve Salazar <anibal@v7w.com> [2017-07-25 22:42:22 +1000]:
>
> > https://people.debian.org/~anibal/ksp-dc17/ksp-dc17.txt
> > https://people.debian.org/~anibal/ksp-dc17/ksp-dc17.txt.sha256
> > https://people.debian.org/~anibal/ksp-dc17/ksp-dc17.txt.sha256.asc
>
> I'm trying to prefill this list, using gpgsigs from the signing-party package.
> It seems that the list is missing all the comments in UIDs, which confuses the
> tool.
>
> I agree that comments are horrible and should be hidden for new UIDs, but they
> are part of those UIDs, so they should probably appear on the list?
>
> Or should gpgsigs be fixed to ignore comments?

No, not in a million years.

Comments have reason. There are good reasons to recommend against them,
and perhaps GnuPG should be updated so that the system does not ask for
a comment by default, but when they exist, they may sometimes provide
valuable information.

e.g.,

Wouter Verhelst (XMPP only) <wverhelst@gmail.com>

If you send email to that address, it is highly unlikely that I'll see
it (I open that mailbox once a year or so).

The list should be fixed so it contains the comments, rather than
"edited" for badly-placed advocacy against comments.

--
Could you people please use IRC like normal people?!?

  -- Amaya Rodrigo Sastre, trying to quiet down the buzz in the DebConf 2008
     Hacklab