Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mobile SIMs for Montreal

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 08:31:14AM +0200, Michal Čihař wrote:
> Hi
>
> Paul Wise píše v So 22. 07. 2017 v 11:34 +1000:
> > On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 9:29 PM, Chris Boot wrote:
> >
> > > If not, I'd like some recommendations from the locals for a SIM
> > > card
> > > that I can use while I'm there for the two weeks of DebConf +
> > > DebCamp.
> > > I'm looking for something with ~500MB of data to tide me over, any
> > > calls
> > > or text messages would be a bonus but not required.
> >
> > The FAQ recommends using roaming for data:
> >
> > https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/FAQ#Sim_cards
>
> Roaming certainly isn't an option for many people. For me roaming would
> cost 3.40 EUR per MB, while the "expensive" local plan seems to be 1
> CAD per 10 MB (virginmobile.ca prepaid, pay per use).

Whoa, I can pay 0,60 EUR / 50 KB; but I also have day and week passes
at 3 EUR / 20 MB / day or 10 EUR / 75 MB / week. (Always find out if
you have any such weekly option, per-volume rates are crazy expensive).

--
Debian Developer - deb.li/jak | jak-linux.org - free software dev
                  |  Ubuntu Core Developer |