Re: [Debconf-discuss] Mobile SIMs for Montreal

On Sat, 22 Jul 2017 11:34:25 +1000, Paul Wise wrote:

> > If not, I'd like some recommendations from the locals for a SIM card
> > that I can use while I'm there for the two weeks of DebConf + DebCamp.
> > I'm looking for something with ~500MB of data to tide me over, any calls
> > or text messages would be a bonus but not required.
> The FAQ recommends using roaming for data:
> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17/FAQ#Sim_cards

That advice might misinterpret the situation for some potential
addressees; e.g. I'd pay €1.99 for 100KB, which seems slightly
suboptimal to me.

Cheers,
gregor, who happily lives without mobile internet but believes that
        roaming is not a viable solution for average Europeans

--
 .''`.  https://info.comodo.priv.at/ - Debian Developer https://www.debian.org
   `-   NP: Led Zeppelin: You Shook Me