Re: [Debconf-discuss] Have made two pages medical and clothing in logistics

On Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 12:31:53PM -0600, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Jonathan Carter (highvoltage) dijo [Thu, Jan 05, 2017 at 10:01:40AM +0200]:
> > > I didn't knew what to write in either, for clothing have shared that
> > > it might be bit cold hence have shared about layering but not in
> > > detail.
> >
> > It will still be summer in Montréal in late July/August so it should be
> > a good 5-10°c warmer than it was in Cape Town, it also tends to be a bit
> > humid so layering up will probably be undesirable.
>
> Montreal can be quite hot, I'd more probably put my (absolutely non
> scientific) prediction at 15°C warmer than Cape Town. I was once in
> June in Montreal — After a day I went for a walk in the city, my black
> shirt had white salt stains due to my sweat. Had never seen anything
> like that before!

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geography_of_Montreal

In particular:

The summer months of June all the way to mid-September bring warm and hot humid
weather. Average daytime temperatures stay between 24 °C and 28 °C (75 °F and
82 °F) and overnight temperatures around 16 °C (60 °F). However, temperatures
reach and even exceed 30 °C (86 °F) on many days; combined with high humidity,
it feels much hotter. Some nights, temperatures remain at an uncomfortable 20
°C (68 °F). While summer is the sunniest season, short-lived thunderstorms are
also common. Rain typically occurs on average between 12 and 13 days per month.

See: http://climate.weather.gc.ca/climate_data/daily_data_e.html?StationID=51157&month=1&day=4&timeframe=4&StartYear=1840&EndYear=2017&Day=4&Year=2016&Month=8#

August 2016 had many days above 27 °C.

--
Luca Filipozzi