Re: [Debconf-discuss] Is travel sponsorship equated to remuneration for visa purposes - in South Africa ?

On 20.05.2016 14:17, shirish शिरीष wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I'll be traveling to South Africa for an open-source conference
> (debconf) for which I'll get my flight-tickets reimbursed at the end
> of the conference. Could/Would this reimbursement be in anyway equated
> to remuneration ?

I would write it as an additional note. I don't think it will make
difference on getting the visa, but OTOH we should write the truth, so
we leave the embassy to decide.

Or you can call the consulate and ask them about your case.

PS: Additional information: reimbursement is done by SPI so a non-SA
entity, but I think free food and accommodation is more difficult to
explain.

ciao
	cate

PS: cough cough, sometime maybe I might have entered in a country as
tourist and not as conference attendee.