Re: [Debconf-discuss] Debian wine, again?

Hi Hideki

I think beer would be a better bet :) I say this tongue in cheek as my
personal preference is beer, but I do have two other reasons for
saying this:

1. I don't know any winemakers in SA who are passionate about Debian
or open source generally, mainly because I don't know winemakers. But
I'm sure the community can rustle someone up.

2. Many of our open source community members (specifically in the Cape
Linux Users Group are avid beer brewers. One, Honingklip [1] brewery's
Mark Ter Morshuizen even made it his day-job. We have a local brewing
club in the Cape, called the South-Yeasters, and they have an annual
competition to make interesting beers. So we could brew a Debian beer,
have a few requirements and let the brewers come up with their
offerings. The logo design on its own would intrigue me!

E.g. the beer could be an amber ale (to go with Debian red) ... , it
has to be an open source recipe ... I dunno, something like that.

Then we could have a tasting fest on the Sunday that DebConf starts
(the 3rd of July)?

[1] - http://www.honingklip.co.za/

Cheers
Bernelle (indiebio)
in Sunny South Africa (on the DC16 orga team)