Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] Proposing speakers for DebConf17

also sprach gregor herrmann <gregor+debian@comodo.priv.at> [2016-09-08 08:25 +0200]:
> > > as the World Science Fiction Convention in Helsinki (the Worldcon is
> > > 9th-13th August).
> > Another date conflict is SHA2017 :(
> > http://sha2017.nl/
> And YAPC::EU (August 9-11, 2017): http://yapc.eu/

While all this is unfortunate, I can't really see the benefit of
sharing all these conflicts; the dates for DC17 @ Montréal have been
set based on the available information at the time. We can't change
that anymore, lest not without huge efforts.

It would be really useful if people shared such information with the
team well ahead of time for 2018ff., e.g. using
  https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf18/FindingDates

While we cannot promise to avoid all conflicts, obviously, we can
certainly include these data in future decisions.

Hint: the current bids are aiming for June and July/August (too).

Cheers,

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf16: Cape Town: http://debconf16.debconf.org