Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] DebConf17 logo: call for proposals

also sprach Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi@dogguy.org> [2016-08-17 23:39 +0200]:
> Should we also make a broader call for proposals? I am putting
> press@ in the loop so that they can advise on the best way
> forward.

What's the problem we are trying to solve? We have a proposal.

I understand that DebConf is about open, democratic processes, which
is why we're expecting a call for speaker proposals before
approaching individual potentials.

In this particular case, however, I think we also need to consider
that no artist likes these sort of competitions, at least not a lot.
We're asking them to put thought and time into something with
a potentially minimal chance of being chosen.

The logo strikes me as something the team behind the proposal should
come up with. If they choose to ask for ideas or even tenders, then
they can, but I don't think we're gaining much from making this
a process we spend much time on.

: :'  :  DebConf orga team
`. `'`
  `-  DebConf17 Montreal, CA: https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf17