Re: [Debconf-discuss] Directions to venue

Hi Paul (2016.06.18_13:15:22_+0200)
> > I was looking up directions the Debconf16 venue and got to
> > https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Directions page. I get that I should
> > take taxi or Uber to get there, but I still have no idea *where* I should
> > go.

There is a team working on an email to all attendees, that will tell you
what to do.

Everything I say here should be in that email.

> Seems like get a taxi to UCT Upper Campus and then walk to the
> relevant buildings (see below).

Your taxi can take you straight to the entrance to the Fuller building
(the residence we are using for accommodation).
It's on Residence Road, UCT Upper Campus, Rondebosch

> > We need an address there and the exact building people should go to for
> > registration.

I am not sure where the front desk will be hanging out during DebCamp.
But from the 27th, it should be located in Menzies room 11A.
Menzies is on Engineering Mall.

> DebConf will take place in the Snape Building on Upper Campus, while
> DebCamp will be in the UCT Pub and the Open Weekend will happen in
> Menzies. The main accommodation will be in Fuller Hall on Upper
> Campus, a short walk from the various venues.

That's not really accurate.

DebConf will be in Menzies, with some hacklabs in Snape. DebCamp will be
using those same hacklabs, as well as some in Fuller (probably).

> > Also appreciated would be a link from that page to how to get online in the
> > Cape Town Airport in order to actually call the recommended Uber. Is there
> > some place there with WiFi?

I think the airport will give you 30 mins (50MiB) free WiFi, with email
/ SMS verification required.

http://www.saairports.com/free-wifi

> Is there a place there to buy a local SIM card?

I'd recommend the Woolworths at the airport.

And this:

> https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf16/Sim-card-information
> http://prepaid-data-sim-card.wikia.com/wiki/South_Africa

SR