[Debconf-discuss] Is travel sponsorship equated to remuneration for visa purposes - in South Africa ?

Dear all,

I'll be traveling to South Africa for an open-source conference
(debconf) for which I'll get my flight-tickets reimbursed at the end
of the conference. Could/Would this reimbursement be in anyway equated
to remuneration ?

http://www.vfsglobal.com/southafrica/india/conference_visaapplication.html

Common-sense/logic says that should not be so, as remuneration is for
doing some $work but in this case I would just be an attendee. I will
be doing some volunteering but that is not tied in anyways with the
travel sponsorship that I'll receive at the end of the conference.

I had put it up at
http://travel.stackexchange.com/questions/68668/is-travel-sponsorship-equated-to-remuneration-for-visa-purposes
( know it's not a free platform) but haven't got any satisfactory
answers. Maybe somebody more experienced in these matters could share
their experience and opinion.

I could keep quiet about it, i.e. there but I would like to keep
things above board as much as possible.

Look forward to know how to approach the above.
--
          Regards,
          Shirish Agarwal  शिरीष अग्रवाल