Re: [Debconf-discuss] sso.debian.org new prototype is up

On Sun, Aug 23, 2015 at 03:14:33PM +0200, Enrico Zini wrote:

> > If I tried to use a comment in the text view available, (to identify
> > this enrolment for later), I got a HTTP500 error. Without a comment, it
> > works fine.
> I can reproduce it on sso.debian.org but not on my laptop. I'll do some
> more debugging as soon as I have some time and a better internet
> connection.

This was the fix:

-            mo = re.search(r"Serial Number: (\d+) \(0x\d+\)", out)
+            mo = re.search(r"\s+Serial Number: (\d+) \(0x[0-9a-fA-F]+\)", out)

the regular expression that looked for the serial number of the
certificate was failing to match in case of serial numbers whose hex
representation contained letters.

Although it had nothing whatsoever to do with the comments being there,
chance had it that whenever I tried to generate a certificate setting a
comment, it ended up being one of those with letters in the serial, and
whenever I tried generating a certificate without a comment, it ended up
being one of those without letters in the serial.

It has been an interesting wild goose chase indeed. sso.debian.org has
now grown a rather powerful way to trace openssl and certtool
invocations :)

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>