[Debconf-discuss] Help with packaging stuff from TimVideos project (including FOSS hardware firmware)

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had the time to help me figure out the correct way to package my TimVideos project components to get included in Debian? A list of things we are trying to package can be found at https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system/wiki/Debian-Packaging.

I've never been very good at doing packaging myself and quite a few of the projects have complicated dependencies that I don't really know how to deal with.

For example,
 * The fpgalink tool has a custom tool chain and needs to cross compile firmware for the 8051.
 * How to deal with our port of flumotion to gstreamer 1.0 when upstream is "dead".
 * One project needs a gcc compiled with support for the lm32 processor.

Thanks for your help!

Tim 'mithro' Ansell
@mithro on Twitter
mithro on irc.freenode.net and irc.oftc.net