[Debconf-discuss] Thank you!

Hi!

(Mail will appear a  bit later than creation date of it, cause no WLAN atm.)

I thank you for "Creating a new environment for newcomers" and "New to
Debconf" BOFs yesterday.

I thought "Wow, this is much on Debconf", thought being overwhelmed. There
especially the story by vagrant helped me about even shutting down at times on
his first DebConf. I appear to be highly sensitive – at least its a check,
check, check, check for me on questionaires regarding HSP –, I perceive much,
I take in much and so it is a lot of new impressions for me and I may have
been shortly before shutting down myself yesterday.

Also the mentoring of the month thing Andreas mentioned: I thought I could
use something like this. Even on a smaller scale of working on my existing
packages while being able to ask questions where I am stuck.

So now I feel motivation again to unstuck some of my packaging work I left
alone after having felt frustrated about some experiences I had during the
high phase of systemd related discussions after which I even unsubscribed from
debian-devel (still unsubscribed there). I didn´t work on Debian packaging
since then.

I already started to find out that even after all my experiences I
still see Debian as the distro I prefer, want to use and want to contribute
too, but I am now also slowly realizing that Debian as a project of people may
be more inclusive of inviting new people to it than I thought and that my
impressions I got from mailing list participation are just a part of the
picture and may very well be biased by the way of communicating there. That my
work doesn´t need to be perfect initially and I am invited to just ask about
ways to improve it. I will do so in another mail.

So I intent to work on my packages again since a long time. Between talks and
the phases of rest I intend to grant myself to process everything. Ideally I
want to become a DM regarding these packages, of course working in a team
where it makes sense (like together with Marc on atop).

So for this mail: Just thank you! I am happy I decided to challenge myself to
go to DebConf with one week of meeting people in person I may have build some
preconceptions through mailing list communications before.

So thank you to Andreas, Francesca and Enrico, but also to all the members of
the organization and video team for making DebConf possible.

Thank you,
--
Martin