Re: [Debconf-discuss] Coming to the debconf by car and parking places ?

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 11:40:34PM +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
>also sprach Olivier Berger <obergix@debian.org> [2015-07-29 23:13 +0200]:
>> Has anyone some advice on the best way to park my car if I'm
>> traveling to the Debconf by car ?
>
>https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf15/FAQs#Parking
>
>> Btw, it seems the youth hostel is located in a green zone where you need
>> the special environmental sticker for the car, which should be ordered
>> in advance, or purchased in Germany. Maybe such advice could be welcome
>> in the wiki / on the debconf site ?
>
>I don't think this applies to non-residents, or do you have other
>information?

It definitely does, yes. See

http://www.umwelt-plakette.de/englis_informations.php

and

http://www.german-way.com/travel-and-tourism/driving-in-europe/driving/driving-in-germany-green-zones/

Several of us have just bought the badges from the office in Berlin:

https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kfz-zulassung/feinstaubplakette/shop.86595.en.php

"Every time you use Tcl, God kills a kitten." -- Malcolm Ray