Re: [Debconf-discuss] Advice needed regarding VISA application for family

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 06:27:28PM +0530, Amey Abhyankar wrote:
> >>   My question is, to apply for VISA for my family, do they also need an
> >>   invitation letter ?
> No as they are not attending conference but joining you as a tourist.
> You will apply for Schengen business visa & your family will apply for
> tourist visa.
> Cross check with German embassy in your city.
As an additional data point, I requested an invitation for my girlfriend,
got it, and it was not discarded by the consulate, they even said "keep it
when travelling, to show at customs if asked". But we applied for (and
received) tourist visas.

--
WBR, wRAR