Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bridged interface + Debconf wifis

 ❦ 19 août 2015 21:41 +0200, Tomasz Buchert <tomasz@debian.org> :

> Hi,
> anybody was able to bridge vm with wifi interface and get IPv4 address
> from debconf wifi? What would be a reason behind the fact that I cannot
> get IPv4 address for my VM?

You need to NAT the MAC source address with ebtables, otherwise the AP
won't accept the incoming frames. Something like that should work:

ebtables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o wlan0 -j snat --to-src MAC-OF-WLAN0 --snat-arp

In fact, this seems a bit more complex (as ebtables is not stateful) and
we have something in the wiki for that:

https://wiki.debian.org/BridgeNetworkConnections#Bridging_with_a_wireless_NIC
--
Make sure your code "does nothing" gracefully.