Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bridged interface + Debconf wifis

Hi,

Tomasz Buchert wrote:
> anybody was able to bridge vm with wifi interface and get IPv4 address
> from debconf wifi? What would be a reason behind the fact that I cannot
> get IPv4 address for my VM?

Bridging means the VM's MAC address would be used as the source of
WLAN frames, instead of the WLAN interface's own MAC.  Probably the APs
would filter this.  And also, any replies would be directed at the VM's
MAC, so your WLAN chipset may filter those too (unless in monitor mode).

Unfortunately you may have to use NAT.  Or wired connection?

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org