[Debconf-discuss] Dungeons and Dragons @ DebConf - Tuesday (tomorrow) evening

Hi everyone,

I'll be running a Dungeons & Dragons tabletop roleplaying game session tomorrow
night and welcome players. For those who haven't done this before, it's
basically collaborative storytelling where every player controls an adventurer
in a fantasy world, and I'll be controlling the rest of the world while keeping
the game moving. Dice, rules, and character sheets will assist us in the
storytelling but the experience is the primary thing. No prior knowledge
necessary.

Preferably let me know if you're interested so I can plan accordingly, but you
can also just show up.

I will be in the Athena room (3rd floor building A) beginning at 19:00
tomorrow, unless I announce a change of location here and on #debconf. We'll
start by explaining how this works for people who don't already know,
introducing players to their characters, and maybe creating new characters if
time and motivation permit. We'll aim to start playing by 19:45-20:00.

Extra details for people who already know D&D: This will be 5th edition, and
characters will begin at level 1. I'm still deciding which adventure to run but
it will be in a reasonably typical fantasy environment, possibly the Forgotten
Realms but not necessarily. I have two sets of dice, some mechanical pencils
and one physical copy of the 5e Player's Handbook. More of these supplies would
be welcome, as would graph paper for map drawing, but we can make do with what
I have.

- Jimmy Kaplowitz
jimmy@debian.org