[Debconf-discuss] Service-impacting network upgrades

Dear all,

now that we finally have all hardware on site to work around all
issues, tonight, we will

* Upgrade the upstream link to 1Gbit/s half-duplex (long story...) to
1Gbit/s full duplex
* Upgrade all switch backbone links from 1Gbit/s to 10Gbit/s, assuming
the OM2 structured pre-cabling allows for that speed
* Upgrade the WLC (access controller) links from 1Gbit/s each to 4Gbit/s each
* Migrate out the WS-C2960S we've been abusing as media converters
* Rebalance the WiFi channel distribution

and obviously, we want to be done before the open weekend and DebConf proper.

Each of the bullet points above will cause at least one service impact
so all of this is a long-winded way of saying that we will have
several full and partial downtimes in the network tonight. We will do
our very best to keep things short.

Richard