Re: [Debconf-discuss] local restaurants, services in Heidelberg?

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> writes:

> Can anybody comment on where to find any of the following:
>
> - interesting restaurants, particularly those accessible on the same bus
> route as the DebConf venue?
>
> - any nearby shopping mall or shopping district that is accessible
> without a car?
>
> - any reasonably priced barber shop/hairdresser?

The old city (altstadt) is about 20 minutes away on the 31 bus; I got
off at Marstallstraße. No transfers are necessary, and it seems to run
every 10 minutes. There are many restaurants, and some shopping within
an easy walk.

I can recommend in particular walking up to the Schloss. The view at
night is pretty nice, both of the city and of the (lit) Schloss
itself. There seemed to be no problem with people hanging out on the
schloss "balconies" at 11PM.