Re: [Debconf-discuss] Query about reaching DJH from Heidelberg train station by foot

Hi Amey,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:10:08PM +0530, Amey Abhyankar wrote:
> I am just getting myself familiar with route options to reach DJH from
> Heidelberg train station.
> Google maps showing 2 routes.
>
> 1 route is via 'Vangerowstraße'. Yes that narrow bridge [from Google Earth view]
> I hope pedestrians can walk over that bridge & is open for public.
> That's just an backup plan in case I don't get any public transport in
> late evening hours. [ Between 20:30~21:30 Hrs on 14th Aug]
> As I will be having just 1 backpack, I don't mind walking the 3km distance.

I had a quick look and it seems that this is indeed a pedestrian bridge,
others with on-the-ground knowledge should correct me if I'm wrong.

On the other hand, Google Maps says walking across the car bridge only
takes a few minutes longer, so you might not want to take your chances
when it's late already...

Michael