Re: [Debconf-discuss] DebConf15: Last call for keys for keysigning in Heidelberg, Germany

Last year, on this list, I said:

| I can think of no good reason to be including these keys in the DC14
| keysigning and in fact believe that it is actively harmful for us to be
| encouraging people to continue propagating the use of 1024 bit keys. I
| hope that all 6 keys are from people who have also generated larger
| keys, but even if they're not I would like to request that they are
| removed from the DC14 keysigning keyring.

Aníbal responded and asked if anyone had any objections to removing the
1024D keys. There were none, so he did.

I stand by my statement from last year. While the keysigning party is,
as you say, not the Debian keyring it is not the case that the keyring
team arbitrarily decided to move away from 1024 bit keys. It was a
decision taken in the wider crypto context.

J.

--
Web [      You'll never find it, in all that loose clothing.       ]
site: http:// [                                          ]       Made by