Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-announce] DebConf15: Call for keys for keysigning in Heidelberg, Germany

Hi,

Alexander Reichle-Schmehl wrote:
> Am 2015-07-21 19:27, schrieb martin f krafft:
> >There will be a printer on site, we hope, but it'd certainly be
> >better if that wasn't used to print thousands of pages. Also, would
> >you trust it? I might have hacked PostScript and taught it to
> >replace my fingerprint…
>
> Well, if you just use it to note down, whom you checked, but use the
> digital version on your trusted computer to later compare
> fingerprints...

But your own fingerprint could have been falsified in someone else's
digital copy.  That's why we compute hashes and confirm them before the
start of the keysigning.

I'd suggest moving the submission 'deadline' forward, finalise a
document in time for most people to hash and print it before they
leave home for DebCamp or CCC;  but still permit latecomers to hand
out printed slips with their fingerprint on.  They could even print
those on-site if needed, on just 2-3 A4 sheets and they are easy
to manually verify after printing.  As many people as possible
would be on the document though and not need those.

Regards,
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org