Re: [Debconf-discuss] VISA type required to attend DebConf

Hello,

On Fri, Jul 03, 2015 at 09:12:31AM +0530, Amey Abhyankar wrote:
> On 3 July 2015 at 01:16, Abhishek Bhattacharjee
> <abhishek.bhattacharjee11@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I had the same question. I was told we could apply for a Tourist Visa.
>
> No no no! Pls don't do that mistake.
> Attending technical conference falls under 'Business visa' category
> for Schengen visa. [for Indian passport holders.]
>
> Just approach VFS Germany at any cities in India. Call at there toll
> free number to get free advice.
> You can also drop an e-mail to German embassy in Mumbai. They reply quickly.

  Someone from a travel agency here in Egypt told me that for attending
  conferences, I should apply for a Business visa indeed.

> > Because for business visa company bank statement and company income tax
> > return document is required[1] . Which does not make sense to me.
>
> & for business visa, Schengen countries asks for more documentation
> from us in India. :-)

  Same here. Some documents are really ridiculous.

--
 ‎أحمد المحمودي (Ahmed El-Mahmoudy)
  Digital design engineer