Re: [Debconf-discuss] remote participation in DebConf

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 09:29:46AM +0100, Philip Hands wrote:
> > Could the video volunteer peek into a dedicated question channel during the
> > qa part?
>
> This video volunteer couldn't -- dyslexia means that if I'm IRCing then
> I'm not doing anything else (so not directing the video or mixing the
> sound or whatever my job was supposed to be as a video volunteer).
>
> I've seen people that think they can multi-task doing a pretty mediocre
> job when their attention's elsewhere, and any one of the video jobs can
> require all of one's attention at times, particularly in the Q&A sections.
>
> This sounds like a job for a new volunteer, unless people think that
> i.e. the talk-meister should have enough spare time at that point in a
> talk, but then it needs to be made very clear to the volunteers that that
> is part of the role.

A dedicated irc proxy volunteer is probably what would be wanted. It is
not really a video team task. The talkmeister ought to be watching the
clock and passing the microphone, not looking at irc. (incidentally,
there's no really strong reason the talkmeister has to be a video team
person, either.)

-edrz