Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 10. September 2014, Aigars Mahinovs wrote:
> On 10 September 2014 11:37, Mika Pflüger <debian@mikapflueger.de> wrote:
> > Note that for the next DebConf the legal situation is more complicated
> > as Germany has much more strict "rights to the own image" than most
> > other countries (see e.g.
> > http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recht_am_eigenen_Bild, in German). I am
> > not a lawyer and haven't dealt a lot with German image law, but in
> > Germany it is definitely not as clear-cut as elsewhere, even in public
> > spaces.

I can confirm this. Coincidently there was just today a request from a German
university to the ccc videoteam to help with streaming and this university
employee immediatly brought up the "problem" of privacy rights of the students
not to be streamed...

So this is real.

> BTW: my reading is that Swiss have almost the exact same law which was
> likely violated at DC13

Quite very likely. Laws are violated all the time. And for some types of
violations there is hardly any enforcements whatsoever. Doesn't make them
right or anything though.

cheers,
	Holger