Re: [Debconf-discuss] Code of Conduct violations handling process

On Wed, Sep 03, 2014 at 12:29:36PM +0100, Ian Jackson wrote:
> I think more guidance for the teams involved would be helpful.  The
> Debconf and Debian CoC statements are too difficult to amend.  The DC
> and Debian teams should develop a process document which those
> responsible would use to guide their actions.

The way this particular Code of Conduct Violation Complaint was handled was
entirely my fault.  Antiharassement received the complaint, and I forwarded
it on to leader@debian.org because the requested concessions were beyond the
scope of the antiharassment team to handle (we do not issue blanket
statements on behalf of debian). I did not reply to Ian to let him know that
his complaint had been received and forwarded to the appropriate people in
the timely manner that I would expect for a complaint to antiharassment, and
I accept full responsibility for that. I am very sorry.

I was mistaken in thinking that the two followup conversations I had with
Ian indicating his complaint had been received (and forwarded on to
leader@debian.org) were sufficient in keeping him informed of the situation,
even if during one of the conversations it became clear that we did not all
agree on specifics of the situation.

I will not make that mistake again.

In the future, complaints sent to antiharassment@debian.org should be
acknowledged by email as soon as possible, even if other parties are needed
for consultation in the matter.

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home;
you may not be sure of where you belong anymore.
But home is always there...  because home is not a place.
It's wherever your passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski