Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Do not photograph" checkbox in registration

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 09:23:33AM -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:
> If you are seated next to someone who is asking a question, the value is in
> *not* having to accommodate individual requests to not be videoed, and
> having these requests disrupt the utility of the videos in capturing the
> flow of discussion.
>
> If you want to not be videoed, in a session where we are recording both the
> speaker and the audience interactions, you should bear the burden of making
> sure you're seated in the designated "no film" area.

What would be better is to have a small "film" area up near the
speaker, and allow those who wish to be filmed show their explicit
consent by moving into it to ask their questions on camera, and to
not force anyone to be in that area if they do not want to be.

This also avoids the need for anyone to wear a scarlet letter
around the neck.