Re: [Debconf-discuss] Free concerts and fireworks at the waterfront this afternoon/evening

On Thu, Aug 28, 2014 at 09:45:28AM -0700, Anibal Monsalve Salazar wrote:
> If you like music, you could wander down to the river this
> afternoon/evening for free concerts, ending with the Tchaikovsky 1812
> overture and fireworks.

> http://www.orsymphony.org/edu/comm_neigh.aspx

Wow! I completely missed that this was scheduled tonight. Thanks, Anibal!

I've been to this particular concert several times, and it's always
fantastic, and the location is wonderful. Last year, due to funding, they
weren't able to have this free concert in the park, and I thought that was
the end of it.

If you get the opportunity to go this evening, I really encourage you to go
down. The concert is free, and there will be food/beverage (non-adult)
vendors in the area selling refreshments. They time the 1812 to be played
at dusk (intentionally), so be prepared for a long-ish concert. :)

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski