[Debconf-discuss] DayTrip Itinerary and Details

Hello, everyone!

With the DayTrip quickly approaching (TOMORROW, OMG), we have some important
notes.

=== DEPARTURE INFORMATION ===

== Hikers ==

For the Hiking Group, even if you are on the wait list, please be ready to
leave the red block on the map[0] at 7:45 am.  The bus will be leaving at
8:00 am promptly and breakfast will be distributed on the bus enroute to the
gorge.

If you are on the list to go hiking, and you are not present at 7:45 am, you
may lose your spot to the next person on the wait list that is present. I
highly recommend punctuality. :)

== Less Strenuous Group ==

For the less strenuous, but still outside and enjoying the gorge group,
please be ready to leave the red area[0] at 9:00 am.  It will take time to
situate everyone on buses and get prepared to leave.  We will not have
breakfast for you guys, but Ondine will be open regular breakfast hours, so
please get your fill before meeting us at 9:00 am.

=== Itinerary [1] ===

== Hikers ==

You will be departing PSU at 8:00 am *sharp*, and heading straight for
Multnomah Falls.  We will have maps to distribute to you.  Please be sure
you have your water bottles.

Once all sub-groups have completed the hike, you will be bused to our
central location to meet up with the other groups and enjoy lunch at Rooster
Rock State Park. We will have your lunches there waiting.

After lunch and recreation, you will join one of the other groups to see
Vista House, and get a spectacular view of the Columbia River Gorge.

You will then return back to PSU campus for showers or whatever you need
before meandering to Punch Bowl Social for our conference dinner.

== Less Strenuous Group ==

You will either be starting at Multnomah Falls, meeting up at Rooster Rock
State Park for recreation, then finishing the Gorge trip at Vista House, or
you will start at Vista House, meet up at Rooster Rock State Park for
recreation, then finish the Gorge trip at Multnomah Falls. For specific
time-frames, please see the itinerary linked above.

== Both Groups ==

Please note that there is potential for swimming at Rooster Rock State Park.
If you wish to swim (it will be warm!!), please make sure you pack your
swimsuit and a towel.

Please be courteous to our organizers and fellow DayTrippers and be punctual
at each stop to ensure a timely return to campus.

=== DayTrip Completion ===

All buses will return to PSU by 5:30 pm. You will have an hour to freshen up
and head over to Punch Bowl Social to join everyone for the Conference
Dinner [2].

=== Other info ===

If you get separated from the group and need to reconnect, the Front Desk
line will be open: +1 503 740 9606.

If you have a special dietary request, please be sure you identify yourself
when picking up your sack lunch at Rooster Rock State Park.

[0] https://wiki.debconf.org/upload/e/ec/DC14_DayTrip_Buses.pdf
[1] https://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf14/DayTrip
[2] https://summit.debconf.org/debconf14/meeting/56/conference-dinner/

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski