[Debconf-discuss] Please Be Courteous And Respectful Of Our Hosts

Hello, everyone!

I'm glad DebConf14 is off to a great start and is going so well!

I'd like to take a moment to remind everyone to please be courteous and
respectful of our hosts and neighbors.  Our hosts at Portland State
University have gone above and beyond in making sure we are comfortable and
the conference can be an overwhelming success.  Please bear in mind, though,
that (unfortunately) Oregon laws restrict our enjoyment of some adult
beverages, and thus to comply, we are restricted to alcohol consumption in
our dorm or hotel rooms (or at pubs/bars/restaurants/private parties, etc.).
Mark, our host at Broadway and Ondine, was very accommodating in getting us
a night hacklab setup, and we very much don't want to repay his kindness by
getting him in trouble with campus security and Portland police.

I have also been told that the cheese and wine party was a successfully fun
evening (as always!).  Thank you to everyone who made that happen, and a big
thank you to our hosts at Puppet Labs for sharing their facility with us for
the evening.

Please remember to be respectful of all of our hosts. We have a history of
leaving venues better than when we arrived at them, and impressing everyone
with how awesome and courteous Debian Developers are in general.

Thank you to everyone who has helped thus far, and thank you to those who
will help in the near future as well!

Patty

Patty Langasek
harmoney@dodds.net | harmoney@debian.org

At times, you may end up far away from home; you may not be
sure of where you belong, anymore. But home is always
there... because home is not a place. It's wherever your
passion takes you.
                                --- J. Michael Straczynski