Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] About calling SHC if we arrive past 22.00

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 20. August 2014, Robert Edmonds wrote:

> I think it's quite reasonable to require the venue to have an

> after-hours attendant at the front door. Better to inconvenience a few

> campus housing employees than to risk having conference attendees stuck

> out on the street all night.

it might be reasonable to require (demand?) this, but so is world peace. We dont have it. I arrived 5m to midnight, phoned them as indicated and was let in within 3min.

If you really dont have a phone and cannot find a person on the street who is willing to lend you theres to do a 1m local call, you can always shout. My window right now is open and located 15m above the entrace. So if you should "jessssssie - halp, halp, let me into debconf, debian", I might throw some vegetables^w^w^wdo something to let you in. (And tomorrow and the day after this place will be crowded with Debian people anyway.)

Staff is here all night (I was told), so you will get your room keys and everything, whenever you arrive.

There is just no door bell, you need to use one of these fancy telephones.

I suspect the wireless coverage (guess the network name...) is ok on the street too, so if you dont have a (working) phone and dont wanna shout, do what every respectable person would do, and go on IRC and ask for help there ;)

cheers,

Holger