Re: [Debconf-discuss] Bicycle?

Hoy Zack,

Le mercredi, 24 juillet 2013 11.37:17, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 10:01:29AM +0200, Bruno Kleinert wrote:
> > > So, definitely bring your bike, sure!
> >
> > That's good to know and since also Lucas replied that he will take
> > his mountainbike with him, maybe we can build a group for some
> > cycling through mountains.
>
> So, is it really _mountain_ bike, or would a city bike do? I'm myself
> a cyclotourist, and I've also done mountain bike on a couple of
> occasions, but I don't actually own a mountain bike. I might
> consider renting one on site if there are other people planning to
> do actual MTB.  While we are at it: do locals know if there will be
> some bike renting facilities nearby (FSVO "nearby", of course).

There are definitely possibilities for both moutain bike and more city-
bike hikes:

- http://www.veloland.ch/ (blue marking on-site) has trips suitable for
city-bikes, very well indicated, most of which stay along the lake(s)
[0]
- http://www.mountainbikeland.ch/ (yellow marking on-site) has trips
that need stronger bikes [1].

On general, every route of classes [2] one to four will be fit for city
bikes. Class five is likely to need a mountain bike, class six will
likely impose to step down from the moutain bike at times.

As for renting facilities, Rent-a-bike has a renting facility in
Yverdon-les-bains [3] (18km away, ~2h of bike), but I can't find closer
ones.

Cheers, OdyX

[0]
http://map.veloland.ch/?route=all&layers=veloland&bgLayer=pk&scale=500000&X=547256&Y=191908