Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-sponsors-team] Fwd: paypal donation cannot be used in Japan

Hi Holger,
No need for debian-jp to do any accounting. Just use the spi link for dc13 and drop me an email and I'll count it for the matching fund.

Philipp

On Mar 28, 2013 7:13 PM, "Holger Levsen" <holger@layer-acht.org> wrote:
Hi,

On Mittwoch, 27. März 2013, Brian Gupta wrote:
> We are using the CH paypal account to make accounting for the match
> program simpler, and have fewer "hops" in the transaction. (Paypal
> account is managed by the DC accountant in Switzerland.) However, if
> we can have an easy way to track contributions to the program through
> another payment method and it's not too much work for people to
> combine the results, and give sponsors-team a weekly report, there
> shouldn't be an issue using another payment method.

as paypal doesnt work for Debian people in .jp I'd suggest to make an
exception for them and let them use SPI as their payment method for this. And
I'd also suggest to let Debian.jp do the accounting for this: they are
friendly+trustworthy Debian people, so if they (=debian.jp) say: "The amount X
is coming from the individual A, B, C + D and is for this matching funds
thingy" I see no reason not to trust them.

Brian, can you please explicitly ACK this, so that our friends in Japan can
start sending us all their money?! :-)

thanks & cheers,
        Holger