Re: [Debconf-discuss] Java Meeting at debconf

Hi Thomas,

I'm not subscribed to debian-java, so cc:ing both lists - sorry.

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 07:04:15AM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> Ioan Eugen Stan scheduled a Java Meeting at debconf,2013-08-15, 17:30 :
> https://penta.debconf.org/penta/schedule/dc13/event/985.en.html

> Unfortunately he could not make it to debconf. I think we should still meet
> and discuss current state and matters of Java in Debian.

> Is there anybody who would volunteer to collect topics and moderate the
> session? Could anybody please reply with topic proposols to this mail (on
> debian-java list only)?

I won't be able to attend this BoF, but there is a topic related to java
packaging that I would appreciate it if you guys would take up for
discussion.

In January 2012, I took a stab at porting the maven-debian-helper cdbs rules
to dh(1); posted the patch to the pkg-java-maintainers mailing list, and
solicited feedback:

  http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/pkg-java-maintainers/2012-January/036726.html

I got a small amount of feedback initially, but had a hard time getting any
further engagement around it at the time.  Could the Debian Java folks have
a look at this proposal - and the questions I had regarding the necessary
interfaces - and discuss how this could be moved forward?  In light of the
"debhelper comaintainers" topic earlier in the week, this seems like a good
time for us to put our heads together.

Thanks,