Re: [Debconf-discuss] sbd want to give a gpg skills-exchange session?

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 11:27:02AM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:
> I've had some chatting yesterday about how it's complicate to grasp the inner
> working of GPG. For example would it be possible to remove an old email
> address from my GPG key? How?

Well, the short answer to this question is that no, it's not possible: like
any good distributed database, GPG keys work in append-only mode.  You can
revoke an email by appending a revocation packet, but you cannot remove the
address once it's published.

Maybe that explains enough about the structure of GPG that a session isn't
needed? :)