Re: [Debconf-discuss] Insider manipulation of DC13 site selection, and apparent coverup

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 11:26:53PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> - rather than publicly disclosing all the details, it may be possible to
> identify somebody outside the DebConf team that all of us trust who can
> gather the facts confidentially and report relevant facts publicly

For information, I would be willing to do this as someone who's been
previously involved in organising a DebConf, and on finding sponsors,
but not involved in any way for the current (or previous couple of)
DebConfs.

However...

> Does Debian itself have some independent audit process, for example,
> that could be used to deal with this in a final manner?

We do not have something similar to this. The only time I can remember
something like this was a audit of ballot papers for a vote. I'm also
not convinced that there would be any requirement on anyone to actually
respond to the audit.

> The goal is not to shame or punish anybody, but to ensure the optimal
> processes are followed in future and to ensure that trust is not put at
> risk.

And all of the above can wait until after DebConf. Organising one is
stressful enough as it is.

Neil