Re: [Debconf-discuss] "Anonymous donation" to Debconf 13

Hi,

at first: Can we *please* stop crossposting to debian-project!

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 05:48:51PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> a) Holger, a DebConf chair, was concerned about Le Camp's budget on 25
> October (referring to it as GourmetConf) and unwilling to support it
> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20121025.200948.bca7a335.en.html
> "100k for food is just insane. We are neither GourmetConf (*) nor
> should we."
>
> b) 26 October, Holger visits Interlaken, and 27+28, he visits Le Camp
>
> c) on 28 October, Holger reports via IRC (and subsequently confirms in
> email) that he has changed his views about Le Camp and that the money is
> one of the factors that changed his mind
> http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20121029.132401.59bef7b6.en.html
> "we already have 46k secured for Le Camp, quite very probably 51k. Thats way
> more then ever. (I do actually miss some applause here.) "
>
> d) as confirmed in Holger's email today, "they withdraw it basically at
> the same time we rejected it" - this implies the sponsor/lender
> independently came to the conclusion not to offer the money, but only
> after Holger's support for Le Camp had been won

... and can we also *please* stop pointing fingers to other team
members.  When reading Holgers report and the circumstances making him
change his mind I read about several things like nice, friendly, clean
facilities and open minded people running Le Camp.  I did not read that
money was involved into the change of mind.

Did not read the rest of the mail because I did not expected more
substance in it.

I would be really happy if we now after a decision was drawn would
finally stop demotivating people who spent a lot of their time and
energy.

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--