Re: [Debconf-discuss] [Debconf-team] what do we think we can do better for dc13? example: ruhrgebiet

Ana Guerrero:
> It has been said a few times that le camp have the same standars that a
> youth hostel, so I went to see how a swiss youth hostel looks like [1] and
> what possibilities they offered. I evaluated quickly one of them:
> http://www.youthhostel.ch/en/hostels/st-moritz

Hi Ana,

I also feel a bit worried about the current situation. I'm personally fine
with le camp but I understand that many others have issues.

I was looking for hotel prices in my home region[1] (Ruhr area, Germany) just
for curiosity minutes before your email.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruhr.2010

Just by quickly searching the net I get quotes around 50 Euros/night in a 4-
Star conference Hotel. I'm sure one can get much cheaper prices after a
serious search and some negotiation for 200 people and a full week + 1 week
debcamp and maybe only 3 or 2 stars.

http://www.intergerma.de/tagungshotels/region-ruhrgebiet/

For food prizes Germany beats Switzerland any day.

However I don't know how realistic it would be to switch countries at this
point. Are there country sensitive sponsors by now?

Regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro