Re: [Debconf-discuss] Information about accommodation at le camp (photos and plans) ·

Hi Jonathan,

tl;dr: not all LeCamp beds are like those shown by Ana.

Le lundi, 26 novembre 2012 18.58:31, Jonathan Carter a écrit :
> On 12-11-26 08:27 AM, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> >> You can see from
> >> http://www.groups.ch/images/haeuser/zusatz/K-0806-5487-6_20091202024753.
> >> jpg?mt=1259761673 that the vertical wooden "beams" act as ladders. IMHO
> >> non-disabled people of reasonable physical condition can enter the
> >> upper beds without problems.
> >
> > Do you think it is possible doing it without touching the people who is
> > sleeping next to you?
>
> I think this is going to be a problem for many people (myself included).
> It's not that I'm trying to be full of problems or that I don't
> necessarily trust other debconf attendees, but I just don't feel
> comfortable not having my own space and space to store my things. When I
> first saw the pictures of the sleeping places in the proposal at the
> last Debconf I was kind of surprised by it. It means that I'll probably
> have to find external accomodation and might end up being a slight
> barrier for me to come to debconf.

I understand (and can share part of) your concerns. Yet, as mentionned (on -
team probably, sorry for that), Buildings 4 and 5 provide the most rustic
accomodation. Other buildings such as Passerelle [0] provide a ladder to
access the upper beds and lockers for your stuff.

In my eyes, the standard LeCamp accomodation is similar to international youth
hostels; some rooms are better and some are bigger + worse.

Cheers,

OdyX