Re: [Debconf-discuss] Volcano eruption in Nicaragua

Quoting Luis Alejandro Martínez Faneyth (luis@huntingbears.com.ve):
> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if the recent eruption of the San Cristobal volcano
> in Nicaragua has affected some of our friends from DebConf12. If so,
> my best wishes to all of you and please take care.

As of now, it seems that about 3000 people evacuated the neighbourhood
of San Cristobal. For those who remember being in Leon during the day
trip, San Cristobal is the northmost volcano in the chain (leftmost
when looking at volcanos from Leon).

Leon itself is quite distant from the volcano. Chinandega is closer
(about 10km) and more likely to be directly affected.