[Debconf-discuss] marvels of DebConf

DebConf has run so well that maybe it is hard to appreciate the effort
some people have put in.

So just imagine DebConf without the efforts of the organising team,
particularly the local team - how could things have ended up if we
didn't have them?

Maybe we would have needed to call in the army to help:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jul/12/g4s-olympic-security-recruitment-chaotic?newsfeed=true

Nobody went on strike at DebConf:
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-06-25/french-player-strike-at-world-cup-was-unanimous-team-members-say.html

Imagine if we had lost the support of the local population?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tour_de_Doping.jpg
(well, we did receive some communication about the pool :)

So thanks and well done to the organising team for a big effort getting
us through the week without any major crisis