[Debconf-discuss] locked-out of movistar?

My movistar SIM stopped working on the internet last night.  Attempts to
access the net either timed out or very very slowly redirected me to the
movistar prepay site.

I thought maybe it was just the end of my 5 day free internet

I went to the store, purchased C$150.00 topup, and registered for the
$USD 1/day internet - but it wouldn't work either

They tried my SIM in another phone - still not working

Then they replaced the SIM - a new SIM on the same number/account -
still not working in any phone

Finally, they set up a new account, new SIM, new number, and another 5
days free internet - that works

It took a lot of time wasting for them to actually give me the new SIM,
as they kept on trying to prove it was a fault with my European phone.
I would recommend that anyone else who encounters the problem:

a) take out your SIM and insist that they try it in their phone

b) if you see the same symptoms, don't pay a top up for your existing
SIM - insist on getting a new SIM with new number

What could have caused a lock out?  I use my phone as a wifi hotspot a
lot yesterday because the hotel wifi was not connecting, maybe I just
used too many megabytes, or maybe someone from movistar was at my talk
about VoIP yesterday?